GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
All teachers in Levelland Independent School District are eligible to apply. Grant amounts can range from $100-$500. Exceptions to this limit will be considered by the LIFE Board of Directors.
The Innovative Teaching/Training Grants provide an opportunity to recognize and reward outstanding teachers and departments in LISD and provide enriching academic experiences for students by funding creative, innovative academic projects not supported by school budgets.
The grant committee of LIFE will judge the applications on the following criteria:
1. potential to improve student achievement and/or to enhance instructional skills not primarily related to personal, professional growth
2. creativity of project/innovativeness of approach
3. potential for continuation and/or replication
4. number of students who will benefit
5. timetable and cost effectiveness/realistic budget
6. items not ordinarily budgeted by your campus/department
Applications are accepted on or before October 1 of each year. Application must be submitted via this form to LisdLife@gmail.com. The LIFE Board of Directors will then review applications at their October meeting.
Grantees must provide a written report to the LIFE Board within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of their project. This report must include a financial statement including appropriate validated receipts and narrative describing the project and how it benefited students and the teacher. Unused funds will be returned to the LIFE Board on or before May 1 of current school year. A photo must be submitted of the students using grant purchased materials or activity pertaining to grant funds.
***PLEASE READ THE NOTE BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THIS FORM
You will need to complete and submit the application below in one sitting; the form cannot be partially filled out, saved, and completed later.
To complete the application in one sitting:
1. Compile your information for the application in MSWord.
2. Fill out the top part of the form below.
3. Copy and paste the information from MSWord into each appropriate section (starting with PROJECT SUMMARY).
4. Submit your application to LISD LIFE by clicking the Send button at the bottom of the form.